THREE

THREE

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Operation get my life back....

Well, I know it's been a while. A lot has gone on. Grey has been rehospitalized twice since his PEG tube. He has had some vomiting. Good news is that his tube is in the right place, it does work. He has great stomach, and intestinal function. Bad news, he has severe reflux. This reflux is so bad that it is causing him to vomit with the larger amount of food he needs to intake to maintain and grow. So he now has a NJ tube. This tube goes in his nose, and down to his small intestine. This is where his food goes now. In 1 month, he will go back and have his more permanent feeding tube revised, and it too will have a portion that extends down to the small intestine. This will allow his reflux to get better. Usually reflux is gone by the age of 1 year. We don't have much more of this. (Trying to stay positive for the little man). He also got glasses to help his eye muscles. His vision is fine, but since his eyes cross at times he now has some blue glasses that make him look like baby einstein... he is adorable!!! I will post pics when I have some more time. Lillian is sitting up, and doing so great. She is now sleeping OUT of her little nap nanny... and is a total rock star! She continues to do some therapy, and is getting so much stronger. I am hoping she will be crawling soon. She has 2 teeth, and isn't afraid of using them! Owen is a little stud. He is crawling, and is all over the place. Yesterday I went to get him up from his nap, and he was SITTING up in his crib. Time to lower the crib! They are both Ferberized for the most part. They have done spectacular at night, but naps are a little more rocky. They are going down at 8pm sharp, and usually will make it until 7am the next morning. Dr. Ferber has a modified cry it out method. I know there are many opinions on this. Some have said it "isn't fair to them", some have said it "causes insecurity, and fear"..... I've had opinions about how it doesn't covey love to them, etc.... Honestly, I've researched it for a long period of time, and we have had good success with it. Todd and I are very happy to have some evening to spend together, work on Grey's therapy with him, and just have some down time. It has been such a positive change for us. So, along with Ferberizing.... Tiffany needs to lose some baby weight. I've really struggled this year. It is time. We now have our basement finished. I will do a seperate post on that. There is a fabulous workout room. I am starting today! I'll try to post more. I really enjoy it.... Lots going on!

1 comment: