THREE

THREE

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Great news!



Well, I am here to report there has been great news on Grey's behalf! He is off oxygen as of now, and has done very well without it. Yesterday his bilirubin was down, and if this trend continues, and all else is status quo.... I think we may be able to get him home by the end of next week.


I went in to see him today, and his nurse Becca rigged up a "bubble bath". She put oxygen into the water basin in the sink, and he coo'd and giggled when he got it. I washed him all up, and he had no oxygen on, and his feeding tube fell out of his nose, and he was tube free for a while! For the first time, in a long time,.... Grey is a baby. He is a baby that is going to get to come home. A baby that is on target for his age, a baby.... that is ours. He is Lilly and Owen's brother. He is just like Lilly and Owen. For the first time, we will soon have Owen, Lilly, and Grey in our house.... It is just unbelieveable to me! This little guy is a miracle. They are all miracles; but especially Grey. I don't think we are going to need the Omegaven.... his liver is improving without it. They did start some oral fish oil this week, and I am anxious to see the results of that.




I was able to talk to a liver doctor tonight that I am familiar with from the transplant world... and she gave me great peace of mind, that we are doing the right thing, and in just a few months, his liver should be as good as normal. Although she said it will take a few months, she feels that with all of the information that I gave her, and all that he has been through, it is all quite normal. This made me overjoyed.




I cannot count my blessings enough. My family, my friends... Todd's family, Todd's friends.... I cannot say enough about the gratitude that I have for everyone. I have found a new me through all of this. A me that appreciates my mom, and family more that I ever have in my life. A me, that loves my husband... more now, than I ever have. A me that realizes that my dogs, are indeed that... our dogs... but I love them as a part of our family, and they have come to be quite fond of the kids when they aren't screaming! The huskies will add to the joy of watching these babies grow older! I have found a me that knows in adversity, I can reach to the depths of my soul, and being... and make it through with the help of my loved ones. Bringing Grey home will be another challenge. One that we must face, and will overcome just as we did bringing the other 2 home. It is not going to be easy. But someone once told me, I didn't have triplets to make my life easier!


3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic news! We are so happy for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany - Wow. Amazing post! Really amazing. Emotional and honest and real and made me cry. I've only know you thru the most stressful moments of your life, but I am so glad to have your family as my friends. I love seeing you in such a wonderful place. I love your family and I can't wait to see what the next year brings you guys. But please promise that Grey will not get the comb over when he comes home. He needs to keep it real with the straight up do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Im so happy he gets to come home soon. Your post made me cry!! You are such a strong woman and God has truly blessed you.

    ReplyDelete