THREE

THREE

Sunday, July 18, 2010

My furry friends




Allow me to get away from the NICU in my blogging. (Even though it is constantly in my mind!)
Todd and I have 2 siberian huskies. Jasmine is black and white, blue eyes.... 9 years old. Hendrix is grey and white, blue eyes.... 8 years old. These dogs have been our life forever now. We got Jaz as a 9week old pup; we got Hendrix from a rescue when he was 18 months. They are loyal friends, and always there when the world has seemed to crumble. I remember my first miscarriage. I crawled in bed, and was planning on crying myself to sleep when 2 furry friends jumped up in the bed, Jaz licked me first, and laid down, and then Hendrix came up to me wooo'd in my ear and laid down beside Jaz. They are rarely in the bed together, and aren't wrestling around. They laid there while I cried, and both of them put their heads on my belly as to know that they knew something was wrong, but to tell me it would be ok. Little did I know, they were so right.
Now that we have the triplets, and the NICU is our priority, they are getting less attention. It bothers me a bit, but I know this is just the way it has to be. They honestly don't seem to mind. At their age, they sleep so much of the day. As long as they get their yogurt for breakfast, potty breaks, and dogfood for dinner they are quite satisified with life.
Once the kids come home, there will be a bigger adjustment. We are planning on gating half of the downstairs off so that there is containment for the dogs while the babies are growing. There is just no way that for the first few months we can keep the trips safe around dogs that we have never trained to be gentle, or even been around infants. This does bring me some guilt, but I know that it is a necessity. I'm sure more to come on this.
Once I figure out how to post pics, I'll get some furry friend pics posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment