THREE

THREE

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Scenery in the NICU

Today Lillian and Owen got their own "rooms" in the NICU. We got to move from the spot we were at, and are now all the way across the unit to the rooms. Grey then moved to a spot right beside them in another "pod" area. We are in a little corner, and it is much quieter than where we were before. Lilly and Owen's rooms open up into each other with sliding glass
doors, so I feel like I can see them all 3 at once, and I like that. Lilly and Owen are eating great! Owen did not get circumcised, I think his date with destiny will come soon though.

I got to hold Grey today. He is now off the ventilator, and is on nasal canula, or oxygen in his nose. I read him a book Brown Bear, Brown Bear WHAT do you see? He slept through it, but I'd like to think he enjoyed it. Honestly, it was just nice to feel him in my arms again, and knowing he is on the mend! He is still having good ole green liquid poop in his ostomy, and that remains a victory. Dr. Hendrickson came by today, and was really happy with is progress... and was surprised to see him off the vent. What can he say, the little man is almost at superhero status! Candice the respiratory therapist calls him her little superman. I tend to agree!

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful for your blog. It is amazing how much your life can be put into perspective. It seems like we are getting to know your children without being there. I was so happy, for lack of a better word, when I read that Todd got to give Lilly and Owen their baths. Tiff I pray for you and your family every night, just know the kids aren't the only ones being prayed for. I am so glad you have found the right man and have three precious children.

    ReplyDelete