THREE

THREE

Friday, September 24, 2010

Hurdles

Grey continues to improve. He is weaning on the ventilator, his wound looks great, his kidney numbers have normalized. We now wait for him to poop so we can start feedings, and get his liver happier. Hoping he gets off the vent this weekend.

Lilly and Owen are doing well. The formula issue continues to be a hurdle. Everywhere is OUT of formula. Thank goodness for the NICU. Erin H that was taking care of Grey today gave me a days worth. I got 2 days worth at CVS and that was all they had. Heather gave me enough to get me through... maybe another 2 days. CVS said they wouldn't have another shipment in until next Friday. Marsh said the same. Hell will freeze over before I get my formula at Marsh again. I went there today to return what I had bought, and the manager was "on break". I knew complaining to a high schooler would fall on deaf ears, nonetheless someone that didn't give a crap... nor would I have at 18 years old. Interestingly enough, all of their formula was off the shelf with signs all over about the recall. hmmm.. think I'll call them tomorrow on the phone and give them a piece of my mind. But, that might just take more energy than I have. Dr. Simon the neonatologist taking care of Grey is going to give me the Similac rep's cell phone number, in case of issues like this again. That will be helpful. If all else fails, little Owen will go back on Neosure (Lilly's high calorie formula) for a while. I just hate switching him back and forth. Dogs don't even handle that, let alone an infant.
I was up alot last night, for obvious reasons. My mom took over at 9am, and I slept from 10 or so til 2pm. It was quite nice. What was really nice was hearing Erin's voice on the phone cause she was taking care of Grey. It's nice to call in to the NICU, and know for sure that he is well taken care of by someone that cares for him. Again, thank you primary nurses for that piece of mind!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if this will be inconvenient to you, but I was at Walmart on 96th and 69 had several bottles of the ready-to-feed and concentrate yesterday. I was able to get a weeks worth and there was still some on the shelf. Obviously I don't know if they still have it, but they had quite a bit left yesterday. And also to let you know, I called Similac today and they told me not to expect any powder on the shelves for 2 weeks.

    Dawn Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn. I am going to check there today, since I finally have some more time to do so. I think with the NICU, and the stockpile that I have gathered from different people I should be ok for another week or so.

    ReplyDelete