THREE

THREE

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lillian... then and now!


Lillian Kate Maurer, my little princess. Lillian was baby B. She liked to be transverse in my belly just like the boys, but Miss Lilly would flip back and forth from transverse to breech. I could always tell, because when she did it, it made my very nauseous. Lillian gave us a scare right before delivery as she had what was called "absent end diastolic flow" in her umbilical cord. Easily stated, it restricted the flow of oxygenated blood back to her. She was born second, but in the same minute as Grey. On ultrasound, we have several pictures of her sucking on her toes, and what looks like her looking at her hands! She was 2'6, and 14 inches long I believe. This is her first picture.




Brooke was her primary nurse in the Nicu. Brooke could be heard in the NICU telling her that "I caught you Lillian...." and also "Why are you so pretty?..." Brooke said that when she was born, she was wide awake with her eyes open. She continues that to this day. She is a looker. Loves to be awake, and looking around. Unlike Owen, she has a calm awake time that she just looks around. She watches you going about the daily routine, likes to look at her mobile etc. She was a good little baby in the NICU. She did have a heart murmur, but they both have resolved for her. Lilly makes noises like a billy goat. There is no other way to discribe it. She is going to be a talker. She likes to swing in her swing. She is currently having issues with reflux, so sitting in her boppy or carseat is currently where you will find her most. Lilly loves to stretch, and she stretches for a couple minutes before she is actually "awake".




Last week she was 6'8 and 19 inches long. She is growing like a weed! She has petite little features. On our walks, or in the car, she DOES NOT like the sun. She prefers to use the pacifiers that she used in the NICU, and is rather particular about them.










Todd and I were discussing personalities, and who we thought as a teen would give us a run for our money..... my vote is Lillian, and he agreed. She is just a delight most of the time, but when she is hungry, she is barely consolable. Of course, she will continue being a beautiful little girl, and I cannot wait to get her dolls, and dress her in frilly stuff as long as she will let me.


I also like putting her in pants and shirts, rather than her sleepers or rompers!I love this little girl!

3 comments:

  1. I did catch her and I DO LOVE HER!! She is SOSOSO pretty. I miss her little face. Can I borrow her for the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always Brooke... ANYTIME, especially at night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful! She looks so big in the tshirt and pants! So cute!

    ReplyDelete